- Only moms and teachers need to join the PTA.
A strong PTA needs the support of parents, family members, teachers, school staff, and community members.
- Joining the PTA means I have to volunteer.
The PTA appreciates everyone’s membership, even if a member doesn’t volunteer.
- I have to be a board member or chair a committee to join the PTA.
You do not have to serve on the PTA Board or chair a committee to join the PTA.
- PTA membership never expires, I only have to join once.
Each new school year begins a new PTA membership year.
- I don’t have the time to join the PTA.
If you are unable to volunteer your time, please consider becoming a member of the PTA and give your financial support. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your support helps fund events and activities for the children throughout the school year!
- I’ll get roped into volunteering if I attend a PTA meeting.
There will be opportunities to get involved, but NO PRESSURE! Just pass along the signup sheet if you are unable to participate.
- The PTA is only for stay-at-home parents with nothing else to do.
Your fellow PTA members are family and community members who want to support the kids and the school. Most members are juggling bills, household chores, kids, sports, and homework, just like you!
- My child will not directly benefit from the PTA.
Not only does membership put you in direct communication with other parents and teachers, it shows your child that you are interested and invested in their education experience.
- The PTA has all the help they need.
The PTA always wants and needs volunteers! If you choose to volunteer, you decide your time commitment!
- I have an idea, but the PTA isn’t interested.
New ideas are ALWAYS welcome! It’s important to keep our PTA fresh and exciting!